“While My Guitar Gently Weeps” Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne

I just saw this for the first time, thanks to YouTube’s “Up Next” column. What a beautiful song. A young acoustic guitar player in the back, amongst all these superstars, looked just like George, and sure enough, it’s Dhani Harrison, according to the Guitarplayer.com account of this magical musical moment.

I wasn’t prepared for Prince’s solo. Holy shit! And that disappearing guitar at the end. Kind of like Thelma and Louise floating off into the ether at the end of the movie.

6 Responses to “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne

1. Rick Gordon says:

I first heard this Prince version of Mary Don’t You Weep in the closing soundtrack of Black Klansman.

2. Anonymous says:

Well,….. that was effective.

3. Anon says:

Hi Lloyd…don’t know if you have racoons round where you’re at, but thought this was interesting

– two albino racoons in one racoon family
    -also shows how nimble these critters are, and great climbers…Good for them, not so good for the homeowner….Little S.O.B.’s could be up and in your attic in a heartbeat…Nasty once there. Read some reports of some towns overrun with them. Also, in Ontario (where this video was taken), quite a few reports of rabies…

4. Lloyd Kahn says:

Anon, see my Instagram post of 8/1/19 for my latest raccoon experience: https://www.instagram.com/lloyd.kahn/

5. Anon says:

Lloyd…..too bad you had to deal with rotting carcase, but, guess it is part of “life”….Just the same, hope I never have to.

6. Lloyd Kahn says:

Rick, Which led me to listen to The Soul Stirrers (coached by Sam Cooke), then Aretha’s version…