“While My Guitar Gently Weeps” Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne

I just saw this for the first time, thanks to YouTube’s “Up Next” column. What a beautiful song. A young acoustic guitar player in the back, amongst all these superstars, looked just like George, and sure enough, it’s Dhani Harrison, according to the Guitarplayer.com account of this magical musical moment.

I wasn’t prepared for Prince’s solo. Holy shit! And that disappearing guitar at the end. Kind of like Thelma and Louise floating off into the ether at the end of the movie.

About Lloyd Kahn

Lloyd Kahn started building his own home in the early '60s and went on to publish books showing homeowners how they could build their own homes with their own hands. He got his start in publishing by working as the shelter editor of the Whole Earth Catalog with Stewart Brand in the late '60s. He has since authored six highly-graphic books on homemade building, all of which are interrelated. The books, "The Shelter Library Of Building Books," include Shelter, Shelter II (1978), Home Work (2004), Builders of the Pacific Coast (2008), Tiny Homes (2012), and Tiny Homes on the Move (2014). Lloyd operates from Northern California studio built of recycled lumber, set in the midst of a vegetable garden, and hooked into the world via five Mac computers. You can check out videos (one with over 450,000 views) on Lloyd by doing a search on YouTube:

6 Responses to “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne

1. Rick Gordon says:

I first heard this Prince version of Mary Don’t You Weep in the closing soundtrack of Black Klansman.

2. Anonymous says:

Well,….. that was effective.

3. Anon says:

Hi Lloyd…don’t know if you have racoons round where you’re at, but thought this was interesting

– two albino racoons in one racoon family
    -also shows how nimble these critters are, and great climbers…Good for them, not so good for the homeowner….Little S.O.B.’s could be up and in your attic in a heartbeat…Nasty once there. Read some reports of some towns overrun with them. Also, in Ontario (where this video was taken), quite a few reports of rabies…

4. Lloyd Kahn says:

Anon, see my Instagram post of 8/1/19 for my latest raccoon experience: https://www.instagram.com/lloyd.kahn/

5. Anon says:

Lloyd…..too bad you had to deal with rotting carcase, but, guess it is part of “life”….Just the same, hope I never have to.

6. Lloyd Kahn says:

Rick, Which led me to listen to The Soul Stirrers (coached by Sam Cooke), then Aretha’s version…