1. We’re doing a (12,500-copy) reprint of Tiny Homes. It will arrive at the Publishers Group West warehouse in Tennessee on April 4. First printing was 15,000 and we’re just about out of stock. It sold over 4,000 copies in the first 8 days of February.
2. We’re printing 5,000 copies of the (2″ x 2-1/4″) mini tiny homes book. We’ve just about gone through the first 2,000. I tell you, I’ve never had an object that is so much fun to give out. People just love it. (As I’m sure I’ve said), 95% of the people I hand it to laugh out loud. Not a smile, an audible laugh.
I’ve been going around to shops in San Francisco, giving it out. Surf or skate shops, barista locales, bike shops, gardening stores. We’re going to look for people in different cities to do the same. My friend Shelter Serra took a bunch to NYC a few weeks ago and just emailed “Everyone loves the book!!”
We’re setting up book signings for me. Will post places and dates later. We’re hoping for word-of-mouth to keep this book rolling. If you love it, email yr. friends.
3. We just reprinted Shelter with Paramount Printers in Hong Kong and does it look good! We’d done recent reprints in Colombia, and the printers were not on the ball like Paramount. This is by far the best printing in 39 years of printing Shelter; photos look snappy. (The first 160,000 copies were done on a web offset (newspaper) press; these are on sheet-fed (better quality) presses.
4. We’re reprinting both Home Work and Builders of the Pacific Coast.
5. Shameless Commerce Dept: 30% discount on 3 or more of our building books: https://www.shelterpub.com/_ad/TH-sale.html