Revolutionary Finnish Wood-splitting Axe

“Vipukirves™ is an efficient tool for chopping firewood, possessing many advantages, such as speed and work safety, over traditional axes and small hydraulic log splitters. Vipukirves™ separates sections from the log using a
unique lever action that allows logs with branches to be split into firewood in
seconds.

The splitting force of Vipukirves™ is considerably stronger than with a traditional axe.

Strike and loosen! Vipukirves™ has an ingenious design. Upon striking the log, it automatically turns to the right and detaches the chopped portion from the log. Vipukirves™ functions like a conventional axe with the exception that the user must loosen his/her the grip on the handle when the blade strikes the log. Chopped sections are removed with a single strike and the blade doesn’t become lodged in the log, but keeps it in the same place and ready for the next strike.”

From  Evan Kahn

10 Responses to Revolutionary Finnish Wood-splitting Axe

1. Anonymous says:

Slick….

2. Anonymous says:

Video shows this axe splitting pine or some similar soft wood. How does it handle a piece of gnarly oak? Bob Patterson, Fernley, NV

3. Gill says:

It seems the tire is as much a help as anything, that's a great idea, gonna have to try that next time…

4. Anonymous says:

just wondering re that tire….

if one is very certain to hit the wood, it's a good idea, but if one should slip (and accidents do happen,even to the most talented)…it would be a bit dangerous.

just imagine full force whacking that tire with axe, and wondering which part of your body it might lop off as it rebounds…

5. Anonymous says:

Makes me dizzy. Just another guy reinventing the wheel. I will stick with the old ways. but thanks anyway

Bob

6. north says:

yea, as a kid I smacked a tire with a hammer for fun and it rebounded and smacked me a good one in the face. Had a nice big chunk out. Not so safe.

7. Matt Poese says:

I wonder how it compares with the Chopper 1 Axe, which I use regularly to good effect: https://www.chopper1axe.com/

8. CaseyE says:

I have a Leveraxe and it is a masterful splitter with the correct technique–it is one of my favorite "toys" to play in the woods with. Much recommended!

9. Jay G. says:

That my friend is one nice axe. Some mighty nice wood too. If I could only find wood that had a nice "snap" like that. Perhaps birch…