Handmade: The Half Acre Homestead Book in Progress

Crocheted blanket by Elisabeth Kirkland

I’m finally fully into laying out this book. It’s been a long time coming. A record of our home, kitchen, utensils, pantry, garden, shop, tools, all the stuff we make, starting in the mid-70s.

I’ll post things here as I do layout…

9 Responses to Handmade: The Half Acre Homestead Book in Progress

1. crowldawg says:

Look forward to it printed

2. John Phillips says:

Great! I think the elders have to pass down their hard earned wisdom to the following generations to leave a record & maybe save someone from having to guess what works or hoe to make it. Good luck with your book!

3. Jane Clavin says:

Will I be able to order a copy to be sent to Ireland?

4. Lloyd Kahn says:

Yes, we should have copies in February, but shipping rates outside of USA are really high.

5. David says:

Been looking forward to this book since you first mentioned the idea.

6. Gene Belmont says:

Like just about everyone who has followed your career, waiting with relish for your new book. Well, hell, Lloyd, I’m 86 now, and although I’ve read all your books and followed your blogs, I’ve never built anything other than a garden trellis. But it’s been great dreaming, and thanks for that.

7. Tannit says:

Really looking forward to this!

8. Michele Lupi says:

Dear Lloyd,
    my name is Michele Lupi. I’m italian from Milan.
    I’m here in California visiting the Valley with the renowned photographer Ramak Fazel: he worked for several years for Domus and Abitare magazines, among the two most infuencial architecture’s media in Italy.
    We are visiting California from today, Saturday Dec. the 7th until Wed December the 11th. 2019.
    We’re doing a reasearch on California’s cultural influence and we really love your books!!!
    Do you have any chance to meet us for a coffee???
    Michele

9. Lloyd Kahn says:

Michele,

Email me at lloyd@shelterpub.com. Will you still be here Wednesday? I’m not sure if I will be around Tuesday. I could show you my library of about 50 books on the ’60s.